A reliable platform for the customization of hybrid communications applications and ideal for developing your own communication solutions.
- ATMEGA1280 with 128KB of external paged SRAM memory.
- Programming in embedded C, C++ or Arduino.
- DB9F RS232 for connection to a PC or other serial device.
- Serial dedicated to a Telit HSPA/GPRS or Gainspan Wi-Fi module.
- Serial Option for GPS with PPS signal and up to 10Hz update rate.
- Serial Option for Iridium, Wi-Fi, Bluetooth or other peripherals.
- 8 bit programmable digital IO bus
- Optional CMOS UART0
- External Power and Power Good signals.
- Integrated Lithium polymer battery charger.
- Automatic switching between internal and external supplies.
- Micro SD card for non-volatile storage and data logging.
- 3 Axis Accelerometer.
- On board temperature sensor.
- Options to program and embed your application in C, C++ or Arduino are supported as well many basic applications are available running within Free RTOS and compiled within the free GCC compiler.
- Coding and compiling via the free AVR-Studio and either using the AVRISP2 or the DragonICE for programming and debugging over the JTAG connector.
- Alternatively Arduino code can be written and compiled and downloaded via the serial port with the Arduino bootloader.
Options and Accessories
- Iridium’s Short Burst Data Service (SBD) is a simple and efficient satellite network transport.
- The interface between the Vendor Application and the Iridium Gateway uses either standard Internet mail protocols or an IP Socket type interface to send and receive messages.
- Developed by Telit the 80way Global Form Factor interface provides option to fit 2G, 3G and 4G modules by way of an 80 pin Molex interface. This interface provides commands and data along with GPS NMEA back to the ATmega1280 host MCU.
- All modules support Python code programming and there is option to provide connection to the USB port back to a dedicated daughter board.
- Different options are available for adding GPS, the lowest cost option is to connect Active GPS antenna this can be achieved either with a combo, GSM+GPS antenna or with a standard model with 2meter cable and male SMA.
- Alternatively for the best performance to connect serial GPS mouse with options for Mediatek, ST-Micro and SiRF GPS engines via 6way Micro-Fit connector.
"Dear Glyn support, Thank you so much for your assistance. It was a pleasure to deal with you guys. I appreciate the API info as I will use that in the next project for this module. Thanks once again, really appreciate your help"
– Barry O’Connor (B&K Solutions)