March 30, 2020
The MGC3030, MGC3130 and MGC3140 are the world’s first electrical near–field (E-field) 3D gesture controllers. Based on Microchip’s patented GestIC® technology, they enable user gesture detection and motion tracking. Interaction with devices is as simple and intuitive as a wave of the hand. The MGC controller family enables single-chip gesture solutions, with no host processing needed for embedded applications.
GestIC Technology Benefits:
- True single-chip gesture solution for embedded usage
- From 0 (touch) to 20 cm detection range
- Very low–power design
- No detection blind spots
- No ambient influences (light/sound)
- Usage of thin, low-cost sensing electrodes, e.g. standard PCB
- Requires no openings in the housing
- Highest gesture detection reliability
- Active noise handling
- 44-100 kHz carrier frequency no RF interference
- Notebooks/PC peripherals (e.g. the 3DTouchPad from Microchip)
- Audio products
- White goods/appliances/air conditioning control
- Home automation
- Light switches
- Industrial/medical switches
- Electronic readers
- Game controllers
- MGC3030/3130 GestIC® Technology Quick Start Guide
- MGC3140 3D Tracking and Gesture Controller Product Brief
- MGC3130 Single-Zone 3D Tracking and Gesture Controller Product Brief
- MGC3030 3D Gesture Controller Product Brief
Interested? Email us at [email protected]
Information extracted from microchip.com (link)
Nordic Semiconductor’s partnership with Arm began in the summer of 2012 when Nordic re-defined the Bluetooth Low Energy market with the launch of its nRF51 Series of Systems-on-Chips (SoCs). For the first time, these chips uniquely separated the wireless...
Robustel are pleased to announce our first 5G Industrial IoT router – the R5020, offering support for global 5G, 4G and 3G bands with support for 3GPP Release 15. With its on-board smarts, compact size and a competitive price point the R5020 is the perfect solution...
The 4th Generation of Best-in-Class Humidity Sensing In line with Sensirion’s industry-proven humidity and temperature sensors, the SHT40 offers the best price-performance ratio. Tape and reel packaging combined with suitability for standard SMD assembly processes...
Stay Up to Date With The Latest News & Updates
Join Our Newsletter
Join our monthly newsletter for the latest updates in the electronics industry