January 21, 2021
Designed to simplify your development and speed up your time to market, our family of Wi-Fi® SoCs and modules provide exceptional performance, robust Wi-Fi connectivity and advanced security for Internet of Things (IoT) systems and other connected applications. These solutions feature the PIC32MZ-W1, which is a high-performance, 200 MHz microcontroller (MCU) that integrates industry-leading Wi-Fi connectivity, high-performance crypto acceleration and a rich set of peripherals, including Analog-to-Digital Converters (ADCs), touch inputs, CAN, Ethernet and USB, so you can easily add features and functionality to your application. We make it easy to get started by providing fully certified modules, a simple development environment and out-of-box demos featuring AWS cloud connectivity and Alexa voice control.
Industry-Leading Hardware Features
The PIC32MZ-W1 is a highly integrated SoC in a compact 132-pin QFN package. It features a high-performance 32-bit MCU, multiple peripherals and interfaces, high-performance crypto acceleration and a powerful Wi-Fi radio. Key features include:
- Fast and highly efficient MIPS® core:
- 200 MHz speed, which is faster than similar products currently available on the market
- EEMBC CoreMark® score of 710
- Excellent peripheral options:
- Largest number of available GPIOs
- Rich peripherals including Ethernet, CAN/CAN-FD, USB and Capacitive touch (CVD)
- Premium analog performance:
- Fast, accurate and highly linear ADC readings
- Reliable ADC performance with minimum effect from temperature variations
- 3.3V single-supply voltage
- Operating frequency up to 200 MHz
- Operating temperature of −40°C to 85°C
- Compact surface mount module:
- 24.5 mm × 20.5 mm × 2.5 mm, 54 pads, 1.27 mm pad pitch
Exceptional Software Features and Development Support
The PIC32MZ-W1 has advanced software features that get you connected to Wi-Fi and cloud applications in minutes. The full Wi-Fi and network stack are available on the chip and include example applications that will add value to your application and securely connect it to Wi-Fi.
Wi-Fi MCU with Optional Integrated Secure Element
- All-in-one agency-certified solution saves time and money
- Integrates PIC32MZ-W1 Wi-Fi SoC plus optional pre-configured and pre-provisioned Trust&GO secure element for popular cloud providers to streamline secure network authentication
Wi-Fi SoC Chip-Down Reference Design
- Flexible solution for integrating into your own PCB
- Provides full access to the PIC32MZW1 SoC’s 37 GPIOs and peripherals to provide customization options
Nordic Semiconductor recently announced it has launched ‘nRF Connect for VS Code’. The nRF Connect extension pack allows developers to use the popular Visual Studio Code Integrated Development Environment (VS Code IDE) to develop, build, test, and deploy embedded...
Nordic enhances commercial support for nRF9160 SiP cellular IoT customers with launch of Cloud location services
Nordic Semiconductor recently announced the launch of its ‘nRF Cloud Location Services’. The Cloud-based product enables customers to access detailed, fast and accurate commercial location services for their nRF9160 System-in-Package (SiP)-powered cellular IoT...
The nPM1100 is a dedicated power management IC (PMIC) with dual-mode configurable buck regulator and integrated battery charger. It is designed as a complementary component to Nordic’s nRF52® Series and nRF53® Series System-on-Chips (SoCs) to ensure reliable power...
Stay Up to Date With The Latest News & Updates
Join Our Newsletter
Join our monthly newsletter for the latest updates in the electronics industry