March 30, 2020
In an increasingly mobile-first world, the need to integrate mobile connectivity into products and services is rapidly growing. iCLASS SE® Reader Modules allow integrators to design third-party solutions that support mobility via near field communication (NFC) or Bluetooth Smart alongside a full range of contactless card technologies.
The iCLASS SE Reader Module’s dual frequency capability allows the simultaneous use of both high and low frequency credentials on the same reader for mixed credential applications. The updated modules also provide new features including enhanced autonomous mode functions for easier host integration and low temperature capabilities for use in harsh environments.
To simplify and speed integration, HID Global provides an iCLASS SE Reader Module Developer Tool Kit (DTK) containing the necessary tools, documentation and developer resources to shorten integration cycles and reduce time to market with finished products.
iCLASS SE® Reader Module Key Benefits:
- Flexible – Simultaneously supports low and high frequency credentials, including iCLASS® Seos®, HID Prox®, iCLASS SE®, MIFARE® Classic and MIFARE DESFire® EV1; supports NFC and Bluetooth for mobile devices.
- Manageable – Firmware is field-upgradable to extend the lifecycle of customer installations.
- Compliant – Supports strictest security standards such as EAL5+ to ensure regulatory compliance and restricted access to corporate resources.
- Versatile – Offers third-party products the ability to securely interoperate with the iCLASS SE® platform, connecting access control across the organization.
- MORE SECURE, TRUST-BASED SECURITY
- Tamper Proof – EAL5+ certified Secure Element hardware provides tamper-proof protection of keys and cryptographic operations to guard against cloning and other breaches.
- Multi-layered security model with secure key management system, breach resistant technology and enhanced privacy protection.
- Operates under HID Global’s open iCLASS SE® platform, which creates a secure and trusted framework within which all cryptographic keys governing system security can be delivered with end-to-end privacy and integrity.
- ENHANCED LIFECYCLE MANAGEMENT
- Field programmable and featuring open and configurable Secure Identity Object® (SIO®) enabling a smart card technology upgrade path.
- iCLASS SE® READER MODULE DEVELOPER TOOLKIT (DTK)
- Provides a complete set of resources, allowing the immediate start of development.
- Includes a development board, allowing easy access to all iCLASS SE Reader Module interfaces, iCLASS SE Reader Modules in different form factors and test cards to speed the development process.
- A secure, online developer portal provides access to development documents, tools and utilities to accelerate the time to market.
- SUPPORTS NEXT-GENERATION SIO CREDENTIALS
- Enables a new class of portable identity credentials that can be securely provisioned and safely embedded into smart cards, and smartphones and other mobile devices using HID Global’s iCLASS SE platform.
Nordic Semiconductor’s partnership with Arm began in the summer of 2012 when Nordic re-defined the Bluetooth Low Energy market with the launch of its nRF51 Series of Systems-on-Chips (SoCs). For the first time, these chips uniquely separated the wireless...
Robustel are pleased to announce our first 5G Industrial IoT router – the R5020, offering support for global 5G, 4G and 3G bands with support for 3GPP Release 15. With its on-board smarts, compact size and a competitive price point the R5020 is the perfect solution...
The 4th Generation of Best-in-Class Humidity Sensing In line with Sensirion’s industry-proven humidity and temperature sensors, the SHT40 offers the best price-performance ratio. Tape and reel packaging combined with suitability for standard SMD assembly processes...
Stay Up to Date With The Latest News & Updates
Join Our Newsletter
Join our monthly newsletter for the latest updates in the electronics industry