March 15, 2021
Nordic Semiconductor just released a new version of the nRF Connect SDK, v1.5.0. For the nRF5340 System-on-Chip (SoC) Thread is now supported for production and Zigbee and Bluetooth mesh are supported for development. All models in the Bluetooth Mesh Models v1.0.x specification are now supported for development for the nRF5340 SoC, in addition to the nRF52840, nRF52833, nRF52832 and nRF52820 SoCs. The release also adds support for the nRF5340 DK, the development kit built around the production version of the nRF5340 SoC. It replaces the nRF5340 Preview Development Kit (PDK).
For the nRF52840 and nRF5340 SoCs HomeKit over Bluetooth Low Energy and HomeKit over Thread are now supported for development. MFi licensees can get access to the HomeKit repository by contacting us via Nordic DevZone private ticket. Project Connected Home over IP is also supported for development on the nRF52840 and nRF5340 SoCs.
The release adds a Using Edge Impulse with nRF Connect SDK user guide, explaining how to use Edge Impulse’s embedded machine learning development platform with Nordic’s wireless devices. It also adds libraries and samples for forwarding data to Edge Impulse Studio and for wrapping the machine learning models developed in Edge Impulse Studio.
A Memory footprint optimization user guide has been added, explaining how to reduce the memory footprint of your application. The user guide is complemented by configurations of the Bluetooth: Peripheral UART and Bluetooth: Peripheral LBS samples that minimizes the memory footprint.
For the nRF5340 SoC and the nRF9160 System-in-Package (SiP) Trusted Firmware-M (TF-M) is now supported for development. TF-M is the reference implementation of the Platform Security Architecture (PSA), providing a set of configurable software components to create a Trusted Execution Environment (TEE).
For the nRF9160 the release adds a new version of the Asset Tracker application, v2, serving as a great starting point for developing a low-power asset tracking product. It also adds support for full modem Device Firmware Update (DFU) over-the-air (OTA) or over UART.
SOFTWARE UPDATE: nRF Connect SDK v1.5.0
nRF Connect SDK is the software development kit for our cellular IoT and short-range wireless devices
- For the nRF5340 SoC Thread in single protocol configuration is now supported for production
- For the nRF5340 SoC Thread in multiprotocol operation with Bluetooth Low Energy is now supported for development
- For the nRF5340 SoC Zigbee in a single protocol configuration and in a multiprotocol configuration with Bluetooth Low Energy is now supported for development
- All models in the Bluetooth Mesh Models v1.0.x specification are now supported for development
- Added support for the nRF5340 DK
- Apple HomeKit is now supported for development
- Project Connected Home over IP is now supported for development
- Added Edge Impulse user guide and samples
- Added memory optimization user guide and samples
- TF-M is now supported for development
- Added Asset Tracker v2 for the nRF9160 SiP
- Added support for full nRF9160 modem DFU over UART or OTA
The high-precision addition to the GNSS xE868 family provides multi-frequency and multi-constellation support The high-precision GNSS SE868SY-D is a new multi-frequency, multi-constellation positioning receiver capable of combining GPS/QZSS and Galileo in the L1/E1...
Join us on March 3 at 12:00PM AEDT as we discuss ways to design and engineer the perfect cellular IoT (cIoT) solution that meets today’s demanding low power requirements. This webinar is a collaborative effort between Glyn High Tech, Nordic Semiconductors, Entech...
Nordic Semiconductor makes AI and machine learning easily accessible on resource-constrained wireless IoT chips for the very first time
Nordic Semiconductor recently announced that further to entering into a partnership with Edge Impulse, a leading provider of what’s termed ‘tiny machine learning’ or ‘TinyML’ tools designed to run on resource constrained semiconductor devices, that all its nRF52 and...
Stay Up to Date With The Latest News & Updates
Join Our Newsletter
Join our monthly newsletter for the latest updates in the electronics industry