December 14, 2020
Taoglas®, a leading enabler of digital transformation through IoT, today announced its portfolio of antennas supporting the next generation Wi-Fi 6 standard. Devices with Wi-Fi 6 increase the speed, efficiency and data transfers compared with previous Wi-Fi standards and is designed to reduce congestion in heavy bandwidth usage scenarios.
According to an announcement from The Federal Communications Commission on April 23rd, 2020, Wi-Fi 6 will “play a major role in the growth of the Internet of Things. Wi-Fi 6 will be over two-and-a-half times faster than the current standard and will offer better performance for American consumers. Opening the 6 GHz band for unlicensed use will also increase the amount of spectrum available for Wi-Fi by nearly a factor of five and help improve rural connectivity.”
The additional 7 GHz spectrum provided in Wi-Fi 6 results in a 32 percent additional bandwidth requirement on the antenna side.
Taoglas has a wide range of high performing Wi-Fi antennas for any application. With the introduction of Wi-Fi 6, Taoglas has currently updated 20 existing and new high-efficiency wideband Wi-Fi products to support the newly established bandwidth from 5 to 7.125 GHz and is working to expand its Wi-Fi 6 portfolio even further during the second half of 2020.
Available in various mounting options including embedded SMD, embedded flex PCB, terminal mount and outdoor permanent mount, examples of commercially available Wi-Fi 6 capable products from Taoglas include:
- FXP524, 4xMIMO Flex PCB Antenna – 2.4 / 5 – 7.125GHz
- FXP840, Micro Flex PCB Antenna – 2.4 / 5 – 7.125GHz
- GW.05, RP-SMA(M) Hinged Monopole Antenna – 2.4 / 5 – 7.125GHz
- SDWA.01, SMD Mount Ceramic Antenna – 2.4 / 5 – 7.125GHz
- WDMP.2458, 5G Terminal Mount Antenna – 2.4 / 5 – 7.125GHz
- MA510, Hercules 2xMIMO Permanent Mount – 2.4 / 5 – 7.125GHz
- MA530, Ultima 2*MIMO Permanent Mount – 2.4 / 5 – 7.125GHz
- MA210.K.CG.001, Optimus 2in1 Wi-Fi MIMO – 2.4 / 5 – 7.125GHz
- Synergy Series, Permanent Mount Combination Antennas
- Steedan Series, Magnetic Mount Combination Antennas
- MA910 Guardian, Adhesive Mount 2-in-1 Wi-Fi MIMO – 2.4 / 5 – 7.125GHz
- FXP522, 2xMIMO Flex PCB Antenna – 2.4 / 5 – 7.125GHz
- FXP523, 3xMIMO Flex PCB Antenna – 2.4 / 5 – 7.125GHz
- MA9917 GuardianX, 17-in-1 with 1GNSS, 8 5G/4G MIMO, 8 Wi-Fi MIMO – 2.4 / 5 – 7.125GHz
- FXP830, Flex PCB Antenna – 2.4 / 5 – 7.125GHz
In addition to these off-the-shelf Wi-Fi 6 antennas, Taoglas also offers tuned and customised solutions.
Nordic enhances commercial support for nRF9160 SiP cellular IoT customers with launch of Cloud location services
Nordic Semiconductor recently announced the launch of its ‘nRF Cloud Location Services’. The Cloud-based product enables customers to access detailed, fast and accurate commercial location services for their nRF9160 System-in-Package (SiP)-powered cellular IoT...
The nPM1100 is a dedicated power management IC (PMIC) with dual-mode configurable buck regulator and integrated battery charger. It is designed as a complementary component to Nordic’s nRF52® Series and nRF53® Series System-on-Chips (SoCs) to ensure reliable power...
Based on nRF5340 Nordic Semiconductor wireless SoC with two Arm® Cortex®-M33 processors and advanced feature set, the ISP2053 module is ideally suited for LE Audio, professional lighting, advanced wearables, industrial, medical, and other complex IoT applications. Low...
Stay Up to Date With The Latest News & Updates
Join Our Newsletter
Join our monthly newsletter for the latest updates in the electronics industry